This professional will be an integral member of Investure’s Accounting and Treasury team. This position will report to the Fund Controller and be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of Investure’s internal pooled fund vehicles. The ideal candidate will be driven by results, but focused on process, extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to see the big picture, challenges the status quo when appropriate, and maintains strategic focus while evaluating tactical challenges. Cultural fit, humility, and willingness to learn are imperative.
Based in Charlottesville, Virginia, Investure was founded in 2003 to serve as the outsourced investment office to endowments and private foundations for which building a high-quality organization in-house is not economical or preferable. Managing assets of approximately $18 billion, Investure is responsible for asset allocation and manager selection in multiple asset classes including but not limited to fixed income, global public equities, and alternative investments (hedge funds and private equity). Investure is a growing, fast-paced, high-energy culture where there is a vast opportunity for learning. The firm utilizes a hybrid schedule for in-person and remote work set by functional teams.
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Investure internal pooled fund vehicles, with the primary tasks outlined below:
- Monthly, quarterly & annual fund closing process
- Review the external Admin prepared fund workpaper packages, as well as the internal Fund Accountant prepared shadow Net Asset Value (“NAV”) packages.
- Assist with transaction entry into Investure’s internal accounting system.
- Assist in the facilitation of data integration between Investure’s internal accounting system and performance reporting system.
- Oversee the detailed reconciliation of the underlying manager capital statements.
- Assist with the valuation process for any directly held investments by the Investure pooled funds.
- Oversee the Investor capital activity process for the pooled Investure Funds.
- Facilitate ad hoc requests with underlying managers, arising from the closing process.
- Oversee the annual internal pooled funds’ audit, as the primary contact for the external auditors.
- Assist with the annual internal pooled funds’ tax return process, in the form of K-1 review, transaction research, and follow-up with underlying managers.
- Operational Due Diligence (“ODD”)
- Assist Chief Accounting Officer and Senior Fund Controller in review of underlying manager ODD documents, conduct review of audited financials and other regulatory filings.
- Document Management
- Assist with the organization of both our internal network drive folders, as well as our Research Management Systems
- Client Accounting & Treasury support
- Provide additional support for the Client Accounting team in the form of ad hoc review, workpaper compilation and account reconciliation.
- Provide additional support for the Treasury team in the form of wire review and approval, and ad hoc requests.
Responsibilities and title will ultimately be commensurate with the professional’s experience and demonstrated faculties and judgement.
Education, Experience & Skills
- 4-7+ years of professional work experience in public accounting or industry with at least two years of direct investment fund accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, preferred, CPA or CPA track a plus
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote
- Experience using a double-entry accounting system, preferred; experience with Research Management Systems a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, while being able to understand application and the big picture
- Desire to improve and develop individual knowledge and technical abilities
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Integrity: Demonstrates unquestioned ethics and credibility. Strives to exemplify the highest ethical standards in both work and personal lives
- Excellence: Has exceptional work ethic. Works both hard and smart. Demonstrates continuous self-evaluation of successes and failures
- Service: Puts others first. Illustrates mission-driven outlook and approach
- Stewardship: Puts long-term interests above short-term goals. Focuses on the greater good
- People: Demonstrates passion and excellent judgment. Treats others with respect, helps when and how needed, and is respectful of the needs of others
- Teamwork: Takes a collaborative and selfless approach. Operates under the “Golden Rule”
- Humility: Comfortable with being wrong. Seeks to learn from mistakes. Willing to do anything necessary to get the job done. Treats all as equals
Position Based Competencies
- Accuracy: Identifies and corrects mistakes; does not repeat past mistakes; demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations and problem solve with sound judgment.
- Adaptability: Self-starter with the ability to nimbly manage competing priorities; willingness to assist wherever and whenever necessary
- Relationship Management: Ability to manage enterprise-level relationships and command a ranging level of audiences.
- Process Management: Driven by results but focused on improving processes and efficiency.
- Team Orientation: Comfortable taking direction or taking the lead; receptive to feedback.
- Communication: Demonstrates clear, thoughtful, and thorough verbal and written skills
To apply for this position, interested parties should visit our website: www.investure.com/careers